Oh boy, oh boy, oh boooooyyyy!!!!! This stuff is delicious!!!! It’s almost like biting into a little bit of the holidays. In fact, I will definitely be making this for the holidays! (Don’t boo and hiss. The holidays are closer than any of us would like to admit…) The great thing about this is that it’s so crazy easy to make!
The only tool required is a food processor. You might be able to do this in a Vitamix as well, but I haven’t tried yet, so I couldn’t tell you for sure.
But beyond tools, the one thing you’ll definitely need for this recipe is a little bit of patience. You see, unlike peanut butter, almond butter takes a while to make. It’s not any more complicated, you just have to blend it longer in the processor. Somewhere around a full 10 minutes. So be sure to give your processor a break every so often. We don’t want it overheating!
I started out making this after I had seen a video on YouTube (which of course, I can’t find now) about how to make almond butter without adding oil. I tried. I failed.
Perhaps it would have worked out better if I had roasted them, but in my little supposedly logical universe, it just makes sense that a raw nut would make better nut butter than a roasted one. Please leave me to my delusions. They make me happy.
Anyhoo, all you have to do is blend them, and towards the end, add the extras. I promise, this one is worth every minute of that 10 minutes it will take you to blend it. Trust me on this.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- How To Make Your Own Clean Eating Peanut Butter
- Clean Eating Sweet Potato Butter
- Clean Eating Apple Butter
Clean Eating Cinnamon Almond Butter
(Makes approximately 1 cup)
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- Get those nuts into the processor and blend, blend, blend!
- When the nut butter reaches the ball stage, add the rest of your ingredients and blend further until you have a nice, creamy almond butter.
- You can adjust the salt and cinnamon at the end if you prefer. Simply add, blend and taste until you get it just the way you like it. Easy!