As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This healthy chocolate bark is the perfect holiday treat or gift!
This is my first time making chocolate bark and I could just kick myself for not doing it sooner. YUM!!!
It’s a super easy process and makes an absolutely beautiful gift if you enjoy making holiday gifts for people. In fact, if the people you are giving this to don’t eat clean, then you don’t even have to bother with finding chocolate chips that fit into a clean lifestyle. You can just use any ol’ bag of chocolate chips and call it a day!!
ABOUT THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS:
There are currently two brands of chocolate chips on the market (that I know of), that fit into a clean eating lifestyle better than Hershey’s or any other standard brand of chocolate chips. Mind you, there are literally NO chocolate chips on the market that will completely fit in with clean eating (unless you make your own at home). But two brands are better than most. So here they are:
- Lily’s Chocolate Chips – Ingredients: Unsweetened chocolate, erythritol, inulin, stevia extract, organic soy lecithin, vanilla.
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips – Ingredients: Cane Sugar, Unsweetened Chocolate, Cocoa Butter
THE OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- Coconut Oil – According to HealthLine, coconut oil can help you feel fuller, it can raise good cholesterol (HDL) and it can protect your skin, hair and nails!
- Almonds – These nuts contain good amounts of fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E!
- Dried Cranberries – These red berries can aid your digestion, help with the urinary tract, reduce cholesterol and even help boost your immune system!
More Healthy Chocolate Recipes
CHOCOLATE BARK RECIPE:
Healthy Chocolate Bark
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use the Lily’s brand – Enjoy Life brand works too)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- ½ cup pecan pieces (chopped almonds work too)
- sea salt for garnish
- In a small slow cooker or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil.
- When fully melted, stir in the the nuts and cranberries.
- Pour the entire mixture onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and spread out into an even layer that is as thin as possible with all the chunks.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of coarse sea salt for garnish.
- Place the pan in the freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove bark from freezer and break it apart into pieces. I got about 20 equal pieces out of it.
- Package for a gift or enjoy for a treat!