This chicken and sweet potatoes sheet pan dinner recipe could be the answer to, “what’s for dinner tonight?”!
For the next two weeks, I’m focusing mainly on clean eating sheet pan dinners. These dinners are so simple and quick to prep for the freezer, it’s almost silly.
I love the flavor of this Clean Eating Chicken And Sweet Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner especially. Cumin and sweet potatoes just go together. Don’t you think?
All you have to do is purchase the ingredients from the freezer section at your local store. Come home, dump them all into a zipper top freezer bag along with some spices, and voila! Just 5 minutes to prep a meal that can sit in your freezer for up to 4 months!
Then, when you’re ready for an easy dinner, just toss a little oil into the bag and empty the whole thing out onto a sheet pan. Bake for approximately 1 hour and you’ve got a delicious dinner with very easy clean up and minimal dishes! Now that’s my kind of dinner!
RECIPE NOTE: If you can’t find packages of vegetables in the same size that I used, just get the closest you can find. A little more or less won’t make a difference in cooking. You can also add more chicken for more people, or easily cut the recipe in half for one person if you so choose. That’s the nice thing about sheet pan dinners. They are totally adjustable to your needs.
NEED A GOOD SHEET PAN?
This Nordic Ware Half Sheet is very similar to what I have and use. (I got mine at a local restaurant supply store.) It’s perfect for this type of recipe!
MORE HEALTHY SHEET PAN DINNERS
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Cauliflower Dinner
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken & Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES SHEET PAN DINNER RECIPE:
Sweet Potatoes & Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner RecipePrint Pin Rate
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- 12 oz. pearl onions (frozen package)
- 10 oz. sweet potatoes (packaged, cut, frozen)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (2 breast)
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- oil for cooking
- Put all the frozen ingredients and spices into a 1 gallon zipper top freezer bag.
- Toss to combine and freeze for up to 4 months.
- When ready to make, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add oil to the bag, reseal bag and toss to coat well.
- Pour contents out onto a sheet pan with edges and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes or until chicken reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Cool slightly and serve.