This Asparagus Quiche recipe is perfect for a higher protein breakfast!
The spring holidays are upon us! And many of you are planning what your brunch table will hold. Most people think of quiche as a breakfast or brunch item. But we had this for dinner and it was marvelously filling.
As we get more and more settled in the new house, I’m finding that I keep wanting dinner to be a simpler and simpler affair. I just want to get dinner on the table fast and be done with it.
CRUSTLESS ASPARAGUS QUICHE:
You can absolutely make this asparagus quiche, crustless. Simply pour it in a pie pan like the one pictured below (so it’s easy to get out of the pan) and bake for about 40 minutes.
WHOLE GRAIN PIE CRUST:
I found some whole wheat pie crusts at Whole Foods and stuck them in the freezer some time ago. But I prefer to make them myself because homemade always tasted better to me.
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Pesto Quiche with Sun Dried Tomatoes – This wonderful quiche recipe is great for any brunch or celebration. It’s well loved by everyone in my family and I make it often for special occasions. But it’s perfect for breakfast any day of the week as well!
- Clean Eating Broccoli Mushroom Quiche – A good, reliable quiche recipe for just about any occasion. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and will please just about any quiche lover at your breakfast or brunch table.
If you need a good pie pan, this one (affiliate link) from Amazon is pretty good. I never spend much on pie pans. the cheap ones always get the job done just as well as the expensive ones!
CLEAN EATING CHEDDAR ASPARAGUS QUICH RECIPE:
A delicious protein-rich breakfast that's perfect for sharing!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. package fresh asparagus (trimmed, washed and chopped)
- 1 standard whole grain pie crust (store bought or homemade - see link above)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together with the spices, then gently stir in the cheese and asparagus.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes.
Cool slightly and serve.
Please note that the nutrition data given here is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.