As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pita breakfast sandwich makes an easy meal for busy mornings!
I love a good, protein-filled breakfast in the morning. There’s just something about it that gets my day off on the right foot. So I look for different ways to serve up the same old eggs because nothing will kill a clean eating plan faster than boredom.
When you’re on the go, a pita is a fantastic “grab-n0-go” meal. You can stuff them with just about anything and you’ll feel confident that you have a nutritious breakfast. Just be sure the pita bread is 100% whole wheat. If you have a Trader Joe’s in your area, they carry them, but I’m sure other stores do too.
Just do yourself a favor and eat these at your desk. As portable as these are, they do fall apart when you’re eating them. Not so great in the car. Trust me. I know.
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
PITA BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE:
Pita Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 large egg whites (or 2 whole eggs if you prefer)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (whatever color you prefer)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup raw spinach (but you can cook it if you prefer)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 standard whole wheat pitas
- Sauté the bell peppers in the oil until tender (the spinach too if you prefer it cooked)
- Add the eggs and spices to the pan and scramble everything together.
- Stuff your pita with the filling and go!