I love a good, protein-filled breakfast in the morning. There’s just something about it that gets my day off on the right foot. So I look for different ways to serve up the same old eggs because nothing will kill a clean eating plan faster than boredom.
When you’re on the go, a pita is a fantastic “grab-n0-go” meal. You can stuff them with just about anything and you’ll feel confident that you have a nutritious breakfast. Just be sure the pita bread is 100% whole wheat. If you have a Trader Joe’s in your area, they carry them, but I’m sure other stores do too.
Just do yourself a favor and eat these at your desk. As portable as these are, they do fall apart when you’re eating them. Not so great in the car. Trust me. I know.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Breakfast Pita
(Makes 2 pitas)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped (any color)
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup raw spinach (but you can cook it if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Saute the bell peppers in the oil until tender (the spinach too if you prefer it cooked)
- Add the eggs and spices to the pan and scramble everything together.
- Stuff your pita with the filling and go!