This clean eating black bean scramble recipe is a perfect way to start your morning with plenty of protein and healthy fats!
In my quest to get more protein into my diet, I’m finding lots of different ways to prepare my morning eggs.
I’ve never been a big fan of eggs in general, so I find that they are much easier to eat if I “dress them up” a bit.
I’ve also found that adding more protein to my diet requires more fiber. ~ehem~ So beans are the perfect addition to any egg scramble.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING BLACK BEAN SCRAMBLE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Black Bean Scramble
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup black beans (no sugar added if canned)
- 1/4 medium onion (chopped - red onion is the tastiest)
- 1/3 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp. salsa (no sugar added)
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Sauté your onions in the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add your eggs and scramble/cook.
- Once eggs are near cooked, stir in your beans and cook just long enough to heat them up.
- Transfer to a plate and top with salsa and avocado.