As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This tarragon chicken recipe is delicious off the barbecue or out of a skillet. You can even bake it in the oven! Either way… yum!
Mom’s always make the best food. Don’t you think? Even if your own mom wasn’t the greatest cook, I’d be willing to bet you know somebody’s mom who could cook like no other.
My mom is a case in point. She can make just about anything taste great. She taught me to bake my chicken with lemon juice and tarragon. Fabulous stuff!
So it wasn’t a far stretch to use that recipe for a fantastic BBQ dinner. The flavor of the tarragon is a bit milder and more subdued because the flavor of the bbq becomes prevalent with this recipe. But it’s a fantastic flavor when it’s done!
In fact, I encourage you to try it both ways. Try it on the grill AND in the oven. You’ll love them both!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
Tarragon Chicken Recipe Card
Tarragon Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Place all ingredients in a plastic bag, tie off and shake until the chicken is completely covered in the seasonings and oil.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place it on the bbq. Cook until it reaches about 165 degrees F. with a meat thermometer.
- Melt the oil in the pan and add the chicken. Keep the heat on low to medium.
- When it's mostly cooked, sprinkle on the tarragon, spices and lemon juice, and finish cooking.
- The chicken should reach an internal temperature of at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer when done.