As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This blueberry salad is wonderful for breakfast or as a side dish for a barbecue or other gathering!
Lately, Mini Chef has been going through a phase where he “hates” all nuts, all of a sudden. I’m not sure what set off that particular quirk, but he insists it’s a thing.
Now normally, I would respect my child’s likes and dislikes in the food department. But being the knowing mom that I am, I happen to know he actually loves nuts. Particularly in the form of marzipan. Anything that has a similar flavor to that makes him drool. (He’s definitely my kid!)
So I recently made him this fruit salad to go with his breakfast and I made sure to present it as being “blueberries with marzipan”. I’ve never seen a child jump up quite that quickly. He thought he won the lottery in the breakfast department.
Needless to say, he sucked down the entire bowl and very enthusiastically informed me that I could make that for him any time.
Glad my mom instincts are on point!
P.S. – If you like yogurt for breakfast, these would be amazing sprinkled over some plain, Greek yogurt. Or if you’re feeling really adventurous, try them over some whole grain toast!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING ALMOND BLUEBERRY SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Almond Blueberry Salad
- 6 oz. fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp. chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the blueberries and chopped almonds.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the berries and stir to coat and combine.
- Serve as a side dish or as a dessert.