As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This breading for chicken is the only breading you’ll ever need. It has lots of flavor and crisps nicely when cooked.
Everyone needs a good breading mix in their arsenal. Maybe you’re trying to get the kids to eat more veggies, or just find a way to make a tasty batch of baked chicken. Either way, you’ll need some breading that has a little “oomph”.
This one certainly does! It’s delicious on just about anything from meats to veggies and is even a great topper for casseroles.
If you can’t find whole wheat Panko, you can easily make your own bread crumbs. In fact, if you make your own using my bread crumb recipe, the flavor will have even more “oomph”. And we all need a little “oomph” from time to time. Don’t you think?
(Shall I say it one more time?…… “oomph”)
CAN BREADING BE FROZEN?
Yes! Absolutely! In fact, it’s best to double or triple your batch and store it in the freezer in the freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. That way, you always have breading on hand when you need it!
WHY BREADING FALLS OFF OF CHICKEN
There are several things you can do to keep your breading on your chicken.
- Start with dry chicken – Pat your raw chicken with a dry paper towel to remove any moisture. Any excess moisture at all will make your breading soggy and make it harder for it to stick to your chicken.
- Roll dried chicken in a layer of flour – BEFORE dredging in egg.
- Pack on the breading – Don’t leave any open spaces. Make sure you have an even coating of breading that covers your entire piece of chicken.
- For fried chicken – Make sure your oil is HOT before you put the chicken in. Then place your chicken in the oil, and leave it alone. Constant movement will make the breading fall off. Turn only when necessary.
- Give it a cool down – Allow hot, cooked chicken to sit for about 10 minutes before serving to give the breading a chance to cool down and “solidify”.
MORE WHOLE WHEAT BREAD RECIPES:
BREADING FOR CHICKEN
Breading For Chicken
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff - Not Kraft)
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.