As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This 3 bean salad is fast and easy to throw together (under 10 minutes!) and gives you a great side dish for summer barbecues!
“Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you…“
Okay, we won’t go there….
But seriously, this salad was awesome! I love balsamic vinegar, so this was right up my alley. I adjusted the spices as I went along until I got them just right.
With all the summer festivities coming up soon, I thought that putting together a quick dish you can “dump, mix and take along” would be perfect. I mean, just because it’s summer doesn’t mean our schedules slow down any. Am I right?
So yes, this recipe uses canned beans. However, if you choose to use home cooked beans instead, the measurement is about 1 1/3 cups per type of bean. So feel free to get creative here!
This makes a great side dish to any barbecued meats. And if you’re vegetarian, enjoy this with some brown rice on the side and some veggies!
CAN YOU FREEZE 3 BEAN SALAD?
Sure can! Packed properly, this dish will last about 3-4 months in the freezer. If you don’t plan to freeze, this will last about 4-5 days in the fridge.
MORE HEALTHY BEAN RECIPES:
3 BEAN SALAD RECIPE:
3 Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 15 oz. can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar (see notes above)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (see link above to make your own)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well until the beans are well coated with dressing.