While this recipe was intended to be a side dish, I must admit, I had almost all of it for dinner.
It goes great with chicken, or just about any other meat. But alone, it makes quite a nice meal. Especially if you eat both servings like I did! In fact, I believe this would make a wonderful, light, “Meatless Monday” lunch OR dinner!
It’s great for a take-along lunch too. I actually made another batch and took it for lunch the next day. Ya, I liked it that much! It’s a great, high-fiber meal at home or on the go!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Spinach & Chickpeas
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 cups raw spinach, packed tight
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Salt to taste
- In a large pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil for about one minute.
- Stir in the raisins and briefly stir with the garlic.
- Quickly add the spinach, cumin and cinnamon.
- Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in the beans and lemon juice and cook for about 2 minutes to warm the beans.
- Add salt to taste and serve.