As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This jalapeño popper grilled cheese might just be the best grilled cheese to ever come out of my kitchen!
I don’t do much dairy. But there are some days where some melty cheese is the only thing that will make me feel better. Am I alone in this? Please tell me I’m not.
This sandwich was so good, and so very much like a basket of jalapeño poppers, I very nearly didn’t share any with Mini Chef. But he’s taken a liking to spicy foods lately and loves Jalapeños in particular. So I had to share. But the truth is, this was a big sandwich. A sandwich big enough for two. So I’m okay with sharing…. I guess….
WHAT IS A JALAPENO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE?
Aside from quite possibly being the best grilled cheese ever, you can actually think of it as an “inside out” jalapeño popper. Instead of the cheese mix being inside the jalapeño, the jalapeño is inside the cheese. The flavor is the same and it’s equally delicious and satisfying.
HOW TO MAKE A JALAPENO POPPER GILLED CHEESE
It’s a simple process and just like making any other grilled cheese. But I do have cooking tips for you.
- Make sure your jalapeño is minced, not just chopped. You want a fine cut here so that the flavor and spice is well distributed throughout the cheese.
- You don’t need to butter your bread if you are making this on the grill like I did. Just spread the cheese between the two slices of bread and wrap it in foil, then throw it on the grill for ten minutes.
- If you want to make this in the oven, the same rules apply.
- If you want to make this in a skillet, you’ll want to butter the outside of your bread for cooking.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPES:
JALAPENO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE:
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
- ½ tsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ¼ cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Place all the filling ingredients (everything but the bread) into a mixing bowl.
- Mash this all together, making sure the jalapeño is well distributed throughout the cheese mix.
- Lay out your bread on a large piece of foil.
- Smear all of the cheese mix onto one piece of the bread.
- Close the sandwich and wrap it tightly in the foil.
- Cook on the grill for 10 minutes, making sure to turn it after the first 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, unwrap, cut and serve.