As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot Turkey Chili recipe is a delicious pot of chili that is ready for dinner with minimal time or effort. It’s a one-pot meal!
The weather is changing!! Autumn is showing its first hints with cooler breezes, less humidity and a shift in the air. I love it!! I know it’s the end of August, but our weather here has been getting just a tiny bit fall-like and I couldn’t be happier. Pumpkin things are in the stores (yes, I’ve already purchased a few) and I feel like I’m sitting on my front porch with my pitch fork willing autumn into existence.
So with the turn of weather, I simply had to make chili for dinner. The evening was cool, the skies were overcast and chili was the perfect meal for us. The only thing I wish is that I had made some cornbread to go with it. But it was super tasty without!
ONE POT MEALS
The one thing I love about the Instant Pot is that most meals are truly a one-pot meal. This means I don’t have a pile of dishes in the sink, and that’s always a good thing. This delicious chili gets made from start to finish in your Instant Pot. The only other things you’ll need are a cutting board and knife! (Oh, and a can opener!)
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
INSTANT POT RECIPES:
INSTANT POT TURKEY CHILI RECIPE:
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot (6-8 qt)
- 1 ½ cups chopped red onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic (about 1 whole head)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (any color you prefer - about 1 medium pepper)
- 8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 56 oz. canned diced tomatoes (two 28 oz. cans)
- 1 lb. frozen corn
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium is best, no sugar added)
- Put the onions and the oil into the IP insert and press "Sauté". Sauté the onions until they are translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add in the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey and stir until it's browned.
- Add in the bell peppers and mushrooms and stir for another minute.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and turn off the IP.
- Secure the lid on your IP and close the vent.
- Press the "Manual" button and and adjust pressure to "high" and time to 9 minutes.
- Allow for a 15 minute natural release at the end of cooking time.
- Open the vent and allow the steam to escape (don't burn your hand!)
- When the steam is all out, remove the lid.
- Season with salt to taste and serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream or shredded cheese. (Mini Chef likes parmesan cheese on his!)