Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This ground turkey meatloaf is delicious comfort food! It’s great served with potatoes and vegetables or even enjoyed cold the next day in a sandwich. Nothing beats homestyle cooking!
I much prefer the flavor of ground turkey meatloaf to beef meatloaf. I’ve never been much of a beef fan, so a good ground turkey meatloaf really makes my day! I have served this with scalloped potatoes, brown rice, vegetables, a baked potato, sweet potatoes, you name it! It goes with pretty much anything! And the best part is that if you have any leftovers, it makes fantastic sandwiches the next day! I know some of you don’t like leftovers. But I’m telling you, this is seriously yummy!
HOW TO MAKE GROUND TURKEY MEATLOAF
The truth is, meatloaf is one of those simple dishes that you can prep in minutes. Just a quick toss of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and then transfer everything to a loaf pan for baking. Easy!
The pan I used here was a standard loaf pan. The edges to get a little extra brown, but honestly, I think that’s the best part! I always scrape the edges down after the meatloaf has been eaten. I love those little brown nuggets of deliciousness. The crumbs!
If you are really worried about the edges getting too dark, simply keep an eye on this in the last 20 minutes of baking. Once you have a nice, brown color over the top of the loaf, you can easily cover it loosely with foil for the remainder of the baking time.
Remember to run a knife or spatula around the edge of your meatloaf after baking to separate it from the pan. Then slice and serve. And if some sticks to the side, that’s okay! That’s the best part and I highly recommend the cook gets the golden nuggets here. After all, you did the work of making it, right?!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
HEALTHY MEATLOAF RECIPES:
GROUND TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE
Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- Standard Loaf Pan
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oil (plus extra for greasing the loaf pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease your loaf pan and set aside.
- Place the turkey in a large mixing bowl and set in the fridge.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil and then saute the carrots, celery and onions until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the garlic and saute for about 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and cool completely. (I set mine in the fridge while I ran an errand)
- When the veggies are cool, transfer them to the mixing bowl with meat and, using your hands or a wooden spoon, knead the veggies into the meat, mixing well.
- Transfer the whole mixture to your oiled loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.