This slow cooker curry lentil soup cooks for ten hours while you do other things. You’ll come home to a delicious, tummy-warming dinner!
Some days just seem to go on forever. You look up at the clock and it says the same time it said an hour ago, and you know the batteries aren’t dead. But other days….
On other days, there just are not enough hours in the days. We run, run, run just to realize we still don’t have enough time to get everything finished. Those are the days this recipe was made for.
Since this week is all about teachers and heading back to school, I thought I’d try a recipe that can truly cook all day long while you’re busy teaching our kids. Something that allows you to work, stay after school to finish up and maybe even run by the store before heading home. Something that will be warm and comforting for you on a fall or winter evening when a warm tummy is a top priority.
MORE HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES:
SLOW COOKER CURRY LENTIL SOUP RECIPE:
Slow Cooker Curry Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups dry brown lentils (rinsed before use)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil, and then the carrots, celery and onion. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Transfer to your slow cooker insert and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 10 hours.