Clean Eating Vegetable Curry Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating vegetable curry could totally be my new favorite dish.
I’ve been plant based for about six months now. So far so good! But I do find that it’s much easier for me to fall into a rut. It’s been an interesting balance trying to find foods I can eat and that Mini Chef will actually eat. Add to that the fact that I’m also avoiding gluten at the moment and it makes dinner time a serious challenge.
As I write this, Mini Chef is on a week-long school trip, leaving me at home to eat whatever the heck I want. While I miss him terribly (yes, I was ugly crying when he left), I am using this week to really dive into trying new things. Foods that I like and don’t have to share!
This one turned out amazing! I’m pretty sure it will become a staple on the weekends when Mini Chef is with his dad. Yum!!
- When this is first finished cooking, the spice is over the top. Let it sit for a few hours and the spice will calm down. It’s still a spicy dish though, FYI.
- Make sure your potatoes are cooked through. That’s how you know it’s done.
- Serve over brown rice, pasta or even quinoa!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING VEGETABLE CURRY RECIPE:
Clean Eating Vegetable Curry
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 2 cups diced potatoes (1/4" dice)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 12 oz. package riced cauliflower
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, drain and rinse)
- 13.5 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large skillet or pot, combine the diced tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and onions and bring to a strong simmer.
- Add in the riced cauliflower and spices as well as the coconut milk and cook until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut milk and chickpeas.
- When everything is completely cooked through, turn off the heat and stir in the golden raisins.
- Serve over a bed of brown rice.