Tomato soup gives me a level of comfort that few other things in life give me. Soup alone is a great comfort food, but TOMATO soup…. now that’s a comfy chair, warm blanket and a crackling fireplace all in one bowl. I’m relaxed just thinking about it.
What I love about this recipe, is that it’s so quick and easy to put together. So not only can you cook it last-minute, but it’s so easy it can only add to your level of relaxation! Oh boy. I should be a wet noodle momentarily…
But before I get too relaxed, I should probably share the recipe with you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Tomato Soup
(Makes approximately 5 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock (no sugar added)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bouillon cube (I use the Rapunzel brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (you can also use 1% regular milk or rice milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a soft boil and stir until heated through.