This clean eating tomato soup recipe is better than the canned stuff by a long shot!
Tomato soup gives me a level of comfort that few other things in life give me. Soup alone is a great comfort food, but TOMATO soup…. now that’s a comfy chair, warm blanket and a crackling fireplace all in one bowl. I’m relaxed just thinking about it.
What I love about this recipe, is that it’s so quick and easy to put together. So not only can you cook it last-minute, but it’s so easy it can only add to your level of relaxation! Oh boy. I should be a wet noodle momentarily…
But before I get too relaxed, I should probably share the recipe with you.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING TOMATO SOUP RECIPE:
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (no sugar added, low sodium - or homemade)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bouillon cube (I used the Rapunzel brand from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup organic soy milk (unsweetened - or regular milk)
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a soft boil and stir until heated through.