This healthy taco soup recipe is easy to make and really delivers on all the expected flavors.
I debated over calling this taco soup. I mean, I really feel like, in order for something to qualify as taco anything, it really should have at least one tortilla in there somewhere.
But in the end, the spices and flavors won me over. And I suppose if you really want a tortilla with it, you could use a tortilla as “bread” for dipping, or even crush a few corn chips over the top of your soup. That would be yummy!
So for the time being, just go with me on this one. It’s taco soup.
More Healthy Soup Recipes
Healthy Taco Soup Recipe
Healthy Taco Soup
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (veggie broth if you're vegetarian/vegan)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 15 oz. black beans, rinsed (no sugar added)
- ½ lb. cooked whole grain pasta (any shape you prefer)
- 1 lb. cooked, ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ lb. frozen corn, thawed (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and heat through.
- Note: I cooked my turkey with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 2 teaspoons onion powder for extra flavor.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 10/16/12.