As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This carrot raisin salad makes a wonderful side dish!
Sometimes, a side dish like this one is just as important as the main course. Sometimes, a side dish compliments a meal in such a way that the entire ensemble comes together in symphony.
That’s what happened the night I served this salad with a chicken dish I was creating for my upcoming cookbook. The cinnamon and ginger truly sings in this sweet and slightly peppery side salad. Mini Chef didn’t care for the peppery ginger, so I don’t recommend this for kids unless you’re willing to leave the ginger out. But for more mature palates, this is a wonderful combination of strong flavors and sweetness.
MORE HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES:
CARROT RAISIN SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Sweet Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ¼ cup raisins (packed)
- 1 medium orange (juiced - approximately 1/2 cup or 60 ml)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger (fresh, grated)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional, but good flavor)
- pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Allow to sit for 2 hours in refrigerator before serving to allow the flavors to meld.