As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy snickerdoodles recipe is simple to put together and is a wonderfully delicious replacement for the processed, store=bought version.
The one recipe I’ve always thought about making but never tried is a Snickerdoodle recipe. They are one of my favorite cookies from childhood. My grandmother made them all the time for me and my cousins. There’s just nothing like my Oma’s Snickerdoodles. Well, until now…
Oma’s Snickerdoodles were definitely not clean and I’m very happy that I can now share a clean version with Mini Chef thanks to today’s guest blogger. I’ll turn this over to Charlie.
Hello! My name is Charlie Mace and I write a Clean Eating UK recipe blog over at The Kitchen Shed. I live in England with my husband and our two little boys and I have a passion for all things health-related. I first heard about The Eat Clean Diet 5 years ago after the birth of my first son, I was hooked from the start and have loved the journey it has taken me on.
Living in England has meant that some Clean Eating resources have been limited at times, but I have been so grateful to have come across The Gracious Pantry (around 4 years ago) which has provided me with Clean Eating everyday recipes that I have been able to use and share with my family.
I have been so excited for the opportunity to guest post here at The Gracious Pantry. Although I am English, I have many American friends and during my life have had the pleasure of trying out many snickerdoodle cookies. (Oh yum!!). I thought it would be cool to come up with a healthier, easy snickerdoodles recipe to share with you, so that is what I have done!
These clean eating Snickerdoodles are so quick and easy to make and they taste so good! They are vegan-friendly and gluten-free and they make the perfect clean eating treat for any time of the year. I’m pretty confident that your friends and family wouldn’t even guess they were a Clean Eating alternative! I hope you love them as much as I do!
MORE HEALTHY COOKIE RECIPES
EASY SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE
Easy Snickerdoodles Recipe
- Cookie Sheets
- Parchment paper
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. smooth cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- ½ tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with some baking parchment.
- Place the topping ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, cashew nut butter, almond milk and vanilla and give the whole thing a mix until thoroughly combined. (The dough will seem quite wet and sticky)
- Take out 1 Tablespoon of the mixture and with clean, dry hands roll the dough into a ball and place onto the parchment paper. (I washed and dried my hands in between each one)
- Repeat this process until you have used up all of the mixture. It should make around 10 cookies.
- Once you have the cookie balls ready, gently press each one down into a 'cookie' shape with your first two fingers. A little raised in the centre and slightly flatter around the edges. (The cookies won't change shape much in the oven at all so this is the time to make them pretty!).
- Give the topping mixture you prepared earlier a little mix, and sprinkle it over the top of the cookies, gently rubbing it with your fingers to make it stick.
- Carefully shake off any excess topping mixture from the pan and then place the cookie sheet into the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. (Mine cooked in 12 minutes)
- Once golden brown, remove from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool a little before serving.