This clean eating slow cooker cinnamon chicken is a surprisingly delicious meal!
I know, I know. The thought of cinnamon and chicken didn’t sound very appetizing to me either at first.
But man am I glad I tried it! In fact, I only got a small bowl of it because everyone around here scarfed it down so fast. You’ll have to trust me on this. It’s good!
And I should also mention that it is “Mini Chef Approved” which is saying something around here! It was simple to put together with easy-to-find ingredients and made enough for leftovers the next day. I enjoyed the last of it for lunch and can’t wait to make it again. Give it a try!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SLOW COOKER CINNAMON CHICKEN RECIPE:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Cinnamon Chicken
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 (15 oz.) can light coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (low sodium is best, no sugar added)
- 6 medium carrots (peeled and sliced thin)
- Place the sliced carrots in the bottom of the slow cooker's ceramic insert.
- Place your raw chicken on top of that.
- Put everything else on top and turn on the pot.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart when poked at with a fork. (Internal temperature should be a minimum of 165 degrees F.)