As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This seafood marinade recipe works well with nearly any type of seafood and adds delicious flavor to every meal.
So this happened, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t polish the whole thing off myself.
You see, I created, cooked and photographed this recipe all on Mother’s Day this year. Mini Chef was with his dad for the weekend and being as how this was the first Mother’s Day without my mom, I figured I’d be better off just throwing myself into work. And I’m glad I did! Not only was it fairly therapeutic, but it was also downright delicious!
This marinade will freeze for up to 6 months, thaws pretty quickly and marinates any fish you put into it in about 15 minutes (typically the time you want to marinate seafood.). You can use any type of seafood you like, I just happened to have shrimp on hand, so that’s what I used. But this will do equally well with a piece of salmon, cod, scallops, pretty much anything!
So whip up a batch or two to make dinner a breeze during a busy work week.! I promise, it’s easy!!
And remember, if you aren’t sure about best practices for marinating meats (such as timing), check out my guide for How To Marinate Different Types Of Meats!
NEED A GOOD BLENDER?
Give this Ninja a try! (amazon affiliate link) It has convenient travel cups you can blend in for smoothies on the go, or even smaller jobs like this marinade. Love my Ninja!!
MORE HEALTHY SEAFOOD RECIPES:
Seafood Marinade Recipe
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- ¾ cup light-flavored oil (I used organic grapeseed oil)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tbsp. dried, ground rosemary
- 1 tbsp. fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth and well combined.
- Freeze up to 6 months.
- TO COOK: Thaw and combine with seafood of your choice for about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Pour everything onto a sheet pan and bake in the oven at 400 F. for approximately 10-15 minutes (for shrimp. Other fish needs more like 350 F. and more like 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.).
- TO BARBECUE: Use only half the marinade to marinate your seafood. Place the fish on the barbecue as you normally would and use the other half of the marinade to baste the fish as you cook it.