This raspberry banana bread is a summery twist on everyones favorite way to use up over ripe bananas, and it’s delicious for breakfast, lunch or dessert.
Hi! My name is Charlie, and I am really excited to share this recipe with you today! Since I started blogging my clean eating journey at The Kitchen Shed I have really loved finding clean versions of my favorite baked treats. Banana bread has been one of the easiest recipes to ‘clean up’ because even a whole food version still tastes delicious. I really love banana bread for so many reasons. Firstly it is a great way to use up over ripe bananas and secondly it is really quick and easy to make. (Even I can make it and I am no baker!).
HOW LONG DOES BANANA BREAD LAST?
Clean eating baked goods do not last quite as long as refined versions. However, I keep clean eating banana bread fresh for about 3 days. I store my banana bread in an airtight container, unsliced to keep it fresher for longer.
CAN YOU FREEZE BANANA BREAD?
Banana bread freezes really well especially if it is sliced, wrapped and frozen in individual portions. This raspberry vanilla banana bread does not freeze as well as a plain banana bread. When you freeze and thaw raspberries they can break down and make the banana bread soggy. For that reason, I do not freeze this recipe and enjoy it fresh instead.
CAN YOU SWAP RASPBERRIES FOR OTHER FRUIT?
Absolutely! Blueberries work really well in banana bread especially if you add some ground cinnamon to the mixture! I also like to put raisins or dried cranberries in my banana bread too.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING RASPBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Raspberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325* Fahrenheit and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour and the baking powder in a large bowl and set to one side.
- Gently melt the butter over a low heat.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork and add the melted butter, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix together well.
- Pour the banana mixture into the bowl of flour and mix until just combined.
- Add the fresh raspberries and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.