This Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Cake is the perfect, small yield cake for the cooler months!
If you’re as excited about Fall arriving as I am, and you love your Instant Pot, then this is the cake for you. I’ve been dreaming of autumn since June when the weather starts to get unbearable in these parts. We had a triple digit June this year and I was not happy about it.
So by the end of last month, I was drinking my first pumpkin spice latte hoping that I could will autumn into existence by shear mental force. But the thought of heating up my oven was unacceptable. So instead, I took out my Instant Pot. (This is not a paid promotion. I just love my Instant Pot!)
- Has real pumpkin in it. Not just the spice.
- I a bit on the dense side, which really works here.
- Is best eating soon after being made.
- Pairs well with either regular or coconut whipped cream.
- Is perfect with coffee.
- Would probably be amazing with a pumpkin spice latte.
Note that you’ll want to enjoy this pretty quickly. It tends to dry out by the next day. So if you really need to store some of it, be sure you wrap it really well with plastic wrap and THEN put it in an air-tight container with a locking lid. This is really more of an “enjoy it the day you make it” kind of cake.
NEED SUPPLIES? HERE’S WHAT I USED:
CLICK PLAY TO SEE HOW TO EASILY SLICE A CAKE WITH DENTAL FLOSS!
(yes, this is the only way I slice a cake.)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
INSTANT POT PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE RECIPE:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Oil a 6 inch, round cake pan and set aside.
- Set a trivet inside the Instant Pot insert and pour in 2 cups of water.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Then, using a wooden spoon to stir, add all other ingredients and stir them together until well combined.
- Pour into the oiled cake pan.
- Set the cake pan on the trivet in your instant pot.
- Secure the lid on the IP and close the vent.
- Press the manual button and adjust time to 12 minutes.
- Allow for at least a 10 minute natural release before finishing with a quick release.
- Set the cake pan on a heat-safe surface and allow to cool enough to handle the pan with your hands.
- Run a spatula around the edge of the cake to separate the edges from the cake pan. Then turn over onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Slice as desired and serve.