As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Instant Pot lentil tortilla stew is perfect for autumn or winter weather!
Since I went 100% plant-based, I find myself recreating a lot of my old, meat-based recipes. I love that I can still enjoy all my favorites without partaking in meat consumption.
One of my favorites so far is this clean eating lentil tortilla stew recipe. It’s hearty, filling, comforting, and definitely warming on a chilly afternoon or evening. It’s a great option for a thermos lunch for school or work as well.
- Lentils are crazy full of good nutrition.
- They have lots of iron.
- Lots of fiber.
- They also have a good serving of protein!
I loved that I had a bunch left over to pack for Mini Chef’s lunches. It makes life so much easier in the morning if his lunches are already packed and ready to go, and it leaves me some for lunch too. A win-win for busy school and workdays!
Tools I Used For This Recipe
Click the image to be taken to that product on Amazon.
More Healthy Stew Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Instant Pot Lentil Tortilla Stew Recipe Card
Instant Pot Lentil Tortilla Stew
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth (no sugar added)
- 1 cup dry brown lentils (rinsed)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb. frozen, organic corn
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 cups chopped corn tortillas (chopped or strips, either way)
- salt to taste after cooking
- Put the oil in the IP insert and press the sauté button.
- Add in the bell peppers and onions, and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the broth, dry lentils, tomatoes, corn and spices.
- Secure the lid on the IP and press the Manual button. Adjust time to 12 minutes.
- Allow a 30 minutes natural release.
- When finished, stir in the chopped tortillas and season with salt to your liking.
- Delicious served with fresh, chopped avocado and cilantro!
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!