As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This From Scratch Potato Leek Soup is delicious and tummy warming on a cold night. Gather round the table and enjoy!
Potato leek soup is among one of the top 10 most comforting soups in my book. Potatoes and leeks just go together!
Now that we are more settled in the new house, I’m starting to turn my sights toward my homesteading dreams. I have a great back yard for this and I think it would be really fun to grow both potatoes and leeks. Of course, there are many other veggies I want to plant too, but potatoes seem to be a “no-fail” sort of crop for those with moderately green thumbs like me. So I’m looking forward to trying it! The leeks, I’m not sure about. But I’ll do my research as always. 🙂
So with any luck, within the new year, I’ll be able to make this clean eating potato leek soup recipe with ingredients I’ve grown myself! It’s something I’m really looking forward to.
MORE FROM SCRATCH SOUP RECIPES:
FROM SCRATCH POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE:
From Scratch Potato Leek Soup Recipe
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 lb. potatoes (white potatoes, peeled)
- 2 medium leeks (quartered and sliced after a thorough cleaning)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- In a medium to large stock pot, bring the broth and potatoes to a boil.
- While the potatoes boil, sauté the sliced leeks in the oil until they are soft and just beginning to brown.
- Add the leeks to the potatoes and stir in the garlic powder, thyme and onion powder.
- When the potatoes are soft, blend everything together, adding the vinegar, until smooth. Allow to cool slightly and serve.