As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These portobello mushroom tacos are so good, nobody will know there’s no meat!
Okay, maybe they’ll know a little just because the mushrooms have a slightly different texture. But aside from that, they taste just as good!
You see, I have found myself on a new adventure. I was eating clean and low-carb for a while. I even started another blog for those recipes! But I realized pretty quickly that all that meat was pretty hard on my tummy and digestion. So after watching the iThrive documentary on Facebook, and with the help of a vegan friend, I took the plunge. I’m eating 100% plant-based foods and fasting every so often.
The moment I removed meat from my eating plan, I noticed something. My gut felt SOOOOOOO much lighter!!
So far, I’ve been doing this for about 2 weeks and I have done a 60 hour fast in the middle of that. It’s been an eye-opening and enlightening experience. I feel so different! I have more energy, my skin is clearer and my tummy doesn’t get as distended as it did.
If you’ve been following my blog over the years, you know that I’m very big into figuring out what your body wants. We are all so different! We each need something just slightly different from everyone else to feel our best. And I see that as a good thing. Variety is never bad!
So as I explore this new way of eating, I’ll be sharing some of those recipes here. I promise not to post recipes that don’t taste just as good as regular ones. But then, there’s nothing about the clean eating portobello mushroom tacos recipe below that isn’t “regular”. It’s just good food!
More Healthy Recipes
Portobello Mushroom Tacos Recipe
Portobello Mushroom Tacos
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. portobello mushrooms (the really large ones, sliced 1/2 inch thick.)
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (no sugar added – use as needed)
- In a large skillet or wok, warm the oil.
- Add the bell peppers and onion. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and spices and a small amount of the vegetable broth to keep everything from burning. Use a little at a time, as needed. You may not need the entire cup.
- Warm some clean, corn tortillas and serve with your favorite taco toppings!