This recipe was born of leftovers in my fridge. I try really hard not to waste food, so when the leftovers build up, I try to create something new with them.
That being said, you don’t HAVE to use leftover anything here. I know a lot of folks don’t care for leftovers. So the good news for those folks is, I gotcha covered!
This was so fast and easy to put together and is a great last-minute dinner idea. Just bring home a clean rotisserie chicken and raid your pantry!
You can also get creative with this by adding other things like corn or jalapeños. I can’t add jalapeños because Mini Chef doesn’t do the spicy stuff yet. Fingers crossed he gets there some day. But I think that’s pretty common for most kids. And the even better news is for you folks out there who don’t care for cilantro (did you know there is a reason it tastes like soap to you?), you can easily leave it out! This is totally adjustable to your taste buds.
This makes an excellent Take-To-Work lunch too. Just pack it along with a cold pack and it’ll be good to travel with you for a few hours!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
Clean Eating Mexican Style Chicken Salad
- 1/2 medium rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup raw chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 medium head romaine, chopped
- 1 cup guacamole
- water as needed
- Take the meat off the chicken and shred it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
- For the dressing, simply add water as needed to the guacamole until you have a somewhat thick dressing consistency. If you feel the flavor is too diluted, simply add a little extra lemon juice and garlic powder to spruce up the flavor again. This can vary by how much it was seasoned to begin with though.