This fajita salad recipe is an easy, delicious option for lunch!
I don’t eat out all that much anymore. But when I do, I usually try to navigate my way into a Mexican restaurant so I can put this delicious salad together out of their typical fajita offerings.
I order the fajitas without the beans, rice, salsa (which often has added sugar) or tortillas. Then I order a side plate of lettuce.
But better still is when I make this at home. My lettuce is actually crisp and I know for sure my seasonings are exactly what I want to be eating.
This particular bowl was my mom’s dinner the other night. I had friends over for my first gathering at the new house and I served them fajitas while my mom had the salad, which she preferred. It’s a fabulous lower carb option and it’s still very filling! And if you eat low carb and need more fats, just load up on healthy, homemade guacamole!
MORE HEALTH FAJITA RECIPES:
FAJITA SALAD RECIPE:
- 1 batch chicken fajitas (minus the tortillas - see recipe link above)
- lettuce (as much as you like)
- guacamole (as much as you like - see recipe link above)
- fresh cut limes to squeeze over the top
- Prepare the fajita chicken.Layer the lettuce in the bowl, then the chicken and top with guacamole and lime.