Mexican Black Bean Chili Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating Mexican black bean chili recipe is the perfect chili for summer!
I love a versatile dish, and this one certainly fits that description. It’s super easy to make in a pot, slow cooker, or Instant Pot and will freeze well if you can’t eat it all right away. Enjoy it warm or cool.
Plus, this recipe is easy on the wallet! It cost me $3 for the veggies and about $.39 for the beans. The broth and other jarred ingredients came to about $6. So this entire pot of chili costs less than $10 to make and it will give you quite a few meals!
WHAT ARE SOME WAYS TO ENJOY THIS CHILI RECIPE?
- Eat it as is, topped with your favorite chili toppings like avocado, a little Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), fresh tomatoes, and even some cilantro if you like.
- Serve this over brown rice to create a complete protein without meat.
- Ladle it over some pasta for a wonderful, summery pasta dinner.
- Spoon this over a slice of clean eating corn bread.
WHAT IF YOU CAN’T EAT IT ALL?
- Freeze it in portioned-size containers for up to 4 months.
- Keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Share it with friends!
WHY MAKE THIS CHILI?
- It’s budget-friendly (under $10).
- This chili is totally plant-based (vegan), but you can add meat if you prefer.
- It’s versatile – you can enjoy it in several different ways.
- It’s a totally easy-to-make, one-pot meal.
- And yes, because it’s delicious!!
More Healthy Chili Recipes
Mexican Black Bean Chili Recipe Card
Clean Eating Mexican Black Bean Chili
- 1 cup dry black beans (rinsed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups salsa (whatever your favorite clean salsa is)
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. paprika (chili powder could work too if you don’t have paprika)
- INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine all the ingredient in the IP insert and stir to combine. Put the lid in place and close the vent. Use the manual setting and set to 35 minutes. Use a natural release for at least 20 minutes. Vent any remaining steam completely, then open the lid.
- STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a steady simmer with the lid on. Keeping the lid on the pot, cook until the beans are cooked through. Note that your yield may be slightly less if you cook this on the stove due to the liquid cooking out more. You can add more broth if you like, to make up for that.
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine in the crock.
- Set the crock to high for 6-8 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and wannabe Elvis when I'm in the shower or driving in my car.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!
Did you make one of my recipes?
Tag @graciouspantry on Instagram or post your pic on Facebook! I love to see my recipes in action!
Delicious! Also super affordable and healthy. Best chili I’ve ever had. This recipe was exactly what I was looking for. Definitely making this again.
Malnuar – Fantastic! I’m so happy you enjoyed it! 🙂