This Clean Eating Kid’s Persimmon Smoothie is a gently sweet, nutritious smoothie that kids will enjoy!
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a recipe specifically for the kiddos. But Mini Chef has been fighting a cold lately and I wanted to get a few extra nutrients into his diet to help his system fight it off. So I pulled out my trusty blender and got to work.
This is a very mild flavored smoothie and it’s packed with all the good-for-you nutrients that persimmons provide. It’s a thicker smoothie, with light undertones of cinnamon and coconut. In fact, most adults will probably think…. “this needs something”. But in truth, kids often don’t like the strong flavors that adults enjoy. So this could be perfect for many kids out there.
And if you want to add even more nutrients, try blending in a little bit of raw spinach. You can’t taste it, and it’s just another way to give those little bodies the nutrients from fresh fruits and veggies they need.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Clean Eating Chocolate Milkshake Smoothie
- Clean Eating Peach Smoothie
CLEAN EATING KID’S PERSIMMON SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Kid's Persimmon Smoothie
- 2 medium persimmons (make sure they are ripe and ready to eat! - destemmed and peeled if you don't have a high powered blender)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender and serve.