This Barbecued Italian Herb Crookneck Squash is a fun veggie to add to the grill this summer!
Summer is here and the squash in the garden is going to be prolific this year.
Mini Chef loves to water the garden and pick the fruits of his labor when the time is right. The trick is getting everything to be perfectly ripe before picking it, but picking it before the birds decide it’s perfect too. It’s a delicate balance, but we’re getting the hang of it.
Of course with the number of squash we’ll be getting, I guess we can share a few with the birdies. But darn it, I want it all! Maybe it’s time to throw down some bird seed. But that would just attack more birds to my precious squash. Ghaa! Can’t win for losing!
I can’t really explain why we’re getting such a bumper crop this year. We did the same thing this year that we did last year when planting. Maybe it’s all the late rain we got this year? It’s a mystery, but I’ll take it.
At any rate, this is a delicious recipe for our overflow of crooknecks this season. And I’m sure I’ll be making this more than once this summer…
MORE SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES:
BARBECUED ITALIAN HERB CROOKNECK SQUASH RECIPE:
Barbecued Italian Herb Crookneck Squash
- Barbecue skillet
- 2 lb. crookneck squash (a.k.a. yellow squash)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- grated parmesan (optional for garnish)
- In a large, food-safe bag, combine all ingredients and shake well to coat evenly.
- Pour into a BBQ pan and grill until soft.Top with parmesan if you wish and serve.
- Note: If you don't have a barbecue pan, you can cook this on the stovetop as well. Simply sauté everything together over low to medium heat and enjoy.