This ground turkey dinner skillet is one of my quick and easy ground turkey recipes. This healthy dinner skillet can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! With good-for-us asparagus, it’s a wholesome dinner that’s Whole30 compliant, too.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, time is at a premium around here. Now that I’m homeschooling Mini Chef, time for cooking has shrunk considerably. So I’m really having to come up with quick meals, particularly dinner.
It’s been a huge adjustment for me and I’m not sure if we’ll continue with homeschooling after this year or not. But for now, we’re trying hard to make it work which means I have to squeeze in cook time whenever and wherever I can.
I think most of you can probably relate to it being the day before payday with nothing much in the fridge. I was so there until I discovered a package of ground turkey in the freezer. Eureka! Dinner was saved!!
And the best part is that the ground turkey dinner skillet is super fast and easy to make. I had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and even saved a small dish to photograph for my post here the next morning. Ground turkey recipes save the day yet again!
IS TURKEY BETTER FOR YOU THAN BEEF?
If you compare nutrition data, lean ground turkey is the better option. While turkey has more cholesterol than beef, beef has more saturated fat. Your best option strictly based on nutrition data is the leanest ground turkey you can find.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP GROUND TURKEY IN THE FRIDGE?
One to three days is the limit. By day four, you can usually smell a change in the meat, which means it's going bad.
CAN YOU FREEZE FRESH GROUND TURKEY?
Absolutely! I highly recommend freezing any raw ground turkey you find. It's a great way to stock up during sales. The ground turkey can be frozen for about 4 months before the flavor starts to change.
GROUND TURKEY RECIPES for DINNER:
- Garden Vegetable Turkey Skillet Recipe – The Gracious Pantry
- Ground Turkey Pumpkin Skillet Recipe – The Gracious Pantry
- Instant Pot Pasta With Pesto And Mozzarella – Recipes From The Pantry
- Whole30 Meatballs With Zoodles And Marinara Sauce – One Clever Chef
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – Midlife Healthy Living
- Turkey Chili With Chipotle And Apples – Snacking In Sneakers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers – Simply Happy Foodie
- Healthy White Bean Turkey Chili – Plating Pixels
- Italian Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – Delicious Little Bites
- Turkey Vegetable Spaghetti – This Delicious House
- Cuban Style Turkey Mince – That Girl Cooks Healthy
- Greek Turkey Burgers With Tzatziki Sauce – Swirls Of Flavor
LOW CARB TURKEY DINNER RECIPES:
- Turkey Meatballs With Thyme And Ricotta – Step Away From The Carbs
- Turkey Picadillo Lettuce Wraps – Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili – Low Carb Yum
- Turkey Taco Skillet – Step Away From The Carbs
- Spinach And Feta Turkey Burgers – Atkins
- Taco Stuffed Avocados – Kirbie’s Cravings
- TexMex Loaded Baked Potatoes – Satori Design For Living
- Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet – Primavera Kitchen
- Ground Turkey Skillet With Green Beans – Primavera Kitchen
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
GROUND TURKEY DINNER SKILLET RECIPE:
This easy to make ground turkey dinner skillet will get dinner on the table in no time!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. asparagus (cleaned and chopped)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste after cooking)
- 2 tbsp. oil (more as needed or use chicken broth to lower fat content)
In a large skillet, warm the oil.
Add the meat and stir to scramble while cooking until browned.
Add in the spices and asparagus and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
Serve over whole grain pasta, brown rice or enjoy as is for a lower carb option.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.