This ground turkey dinner skillet is one of my quick and easy ground turkey recipes. This healthy dinner skillet can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! With good-for-us asparagus, it’s a wholesome dinner that’s Whole30 compliant, too.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, time is at a premium around here. With so much going on, time for cooking has shrunk considerably. So I’m really having to come up with quick meals, particularly dinner.
I think most of you can probably relate to it being the day before payday with nothing much in the fridge. I was so there until I discovered a package of ground turkey in the freezer. Eureka! Dinner was saved!!
And the best part is that the ground turkey dinner skillet is super fast and easy to make. I had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and even saved a small dish to photograph for my post here the next morning. Ground turkey recipes save the day yet again!
And don’t worry, I’ve got you covered on side dishes too. If you want to round out the meal, I’ve got a whole eCookbook dedicated to salads that would go really well with this dish. Check it out here!
IS TURKEY BETTER FOR YOU THAN BEEF?
If you compare nutrition data, lean ground turkey is the better option. While turkey has more cholesterol than beef, beef has more saturated fat. Your best option strictly based on nutrition data is the leanest ground turkey you can find.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP GROUND TURKEY IN THE FRIDGE?
One to three days is the limit. By day four, you can usually smell a change in the meat, which means it’s going bad.
CAN YOU FREEZE FRESH GROUND TURKEY?
Absolutely! I highly recommend freezing any raw ground turkey you find. It’s a great way to stock up during sales. The ground turkey can be frozen for about 4 months before the flavor starts to change.
What You’ll Need To Make This Ground Turkey Skillet Recipe
1 lb. ground turkey – This can be lean or regular ground turkey. In fact, if you prefer, you can even use ground beef. With one will work here.
1 lb. asparagus – Clean and chop your asparagus into bite sized pieces. Pieces that are too large won’t be as easy to eat in this dish.
2 tsp. garlic powder – I used garlic granules, but powder works just as well here. Use what you have.
2 tsp. onion powder – Again, I used onion granules, but powder does just fine.
2 tsp. dried parsley – If you prefer to use fresh parsley, you’ll want to chop about 3 tbsp. to add to this dish. Plus, it’s nice to have a little extra for garnish.
Salt and pepper – I like to add these after cooking so I don’t end up over salting my food. But there is a lot to be said for salting during the cooking process. So I leave that up to you.
2 tbsp. oil – If you find that while you are browning your meat, the pan starts to dry out, you can use more oil if you wish, but I find that using a little chicken broth is better. It still gets the job done, but doesn’t add any extra fat.
How To Make Ground Turkey Asparagus Skillet
In a large skillet, warm the oil.
Add the meat and stir to scramble while cooking until browned.
Add in the spices and asparagus and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
Serve over whole grain pasta, brown rice or enjoy as is for a lower carb option.
NOTE: If your skillet starts to dry out before the asparagus is fully cooked, you can either add more oil, or use a ½ cup of chicken or vegetable broth to finish cooking everything. I use chicken broth when needed.
GROUND TURKEY RECIPES for DINNER:
- Garden Vegetable Turkey Skillet Recipe – The Gracious Pantry
- Ground Turkey Pumpkin Skillet Recipe – The Gracious Pantry
- Instant Pot Pasta With Pesto And Mozzarella – Recipes From The Pantry
- Whole30 Meatballs With Zoodles And Marinara Sauce – One Clever Chef
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – Midlife Healthy Living
- Turkey Chili With Chipotle And Apples – Snacking In Sneakers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers – Simply Happy Foodie
- Healthy White Bean Turkey Chili – Plating Pixels
- Italian Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet – Delicious Little Bites
- Turkey Vegetable Spaghetti – This Delicious House
- Greek Turkey Burgers With Tzatziki Sauce – Swirls Of Flavor
LOW CARB TURKEY DINNER RECIPES:
- Turkey Meatballs With Thyme And Ricotta – Step Away From The Carbs
- Turkey Picadillo Lettuce Wraps – Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili – Low Carb Yum
- Turkey Taco Skillet – Step Away From The Carbs
- Spinach And Feta Turkey Burgers – Atkins
- Taco Stuffed Avocados – Kirbie’s Cravings
- Ground Turkey Cabbage Skillet – Primavera Kitchen
- Ground Turkey Skillet With Green Beans – Primavera Kitchen
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
GROUND TURKEY DINNER SKILLET RECIPE:
Ground Turkey Dinner Skillet (Clean Eating Recipe)
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- Large Skillet
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. asparagus (cleaned and chopped)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste after cooking)
- 2 tbsp. oil (more as needed or use chicken broth to lower fat content)
- In a large skillet, warm the oil.
- Add the meat and stir to scramble while cooking until browned.
- Add in the spices and asparagus and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve over whole grain pasta, brown rice or enjoy as is for a lower carb option.
- NOTE: If your skillet starts to dry out before the asparagus is fully cooked, you can either add more oil, or use a ½ cup of chicken or vegetable broth to finish cooking everything. I use chicken broth when needed.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 12/17/17.