As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These graham cracker cookies are perfect for graham cracker lovers!
Ya, you read that right.
Say it with me… clean eating G.R.A.H.A.M. C.R.A.C.K.E.R.S!!! I could just squeak!
I can sum it up for you in one, wonderful word… S’MORES!!!
Like how I yelled at you through your computer screen? I know. I really need to calm down….and get a life. I really need a life. A social life.
I know!! I’ll make… S’MORES!!! (I’m bound to entice a few friends over with those, right?)
I know, I know. These are cookies, but so far, it’s as close as I’ve gotten to clean graham crackers. And gosh darn it, I want s’mores!
HOW TO MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIES
The trick to these delicious cookies is working quickly after they’ve been in the oven for the first half of the baking. Mixing the ingredients together is similar to making a pancake mix. You just stir stuff together to get your batter. But once they’ve done their first ten minutes in the oven, you’ll need to work quickly to take them out, get them cut and poke them with a fork for the traditional graham cracker holes we all recognize so well.
HOW TO SERVE THESE COOKIES
These can be served in so many ways! One of my favorites is to put a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top and then top that with fresh berries. But you can also crumble these over ice cream or make ice cream sandwiches. You can also find other fillings such as nut butter or Nutella and make a sandwich cookie. Get creative!
STORAGE: Make sure these are stored in an air-tight container and kept in the fridge. These will last a week or so, give or take. You can freeze these for up to 4 months.
Note: This is a recipe redo: You can find the original recipe here.)
GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIES RECIPE
Graham Cracker Cookies Recipe
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1¼ cups brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca starch (or organic cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tbsp. oil (light flavored)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (dairy milk works too)
- 1 tbsp. unsulfured molasses
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (cookie sheet MUST have edges).
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, cinnamon and salt with a whisk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend the honey, oil, almond milk, and molasses.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour the batter onto the cookie sheet. Spread this out thin using a spatula (an offset spatula works best).
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Working quickly, remove the crackers from the oven. Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut into your desired size.
- Using a fork, poke wholes all over the crackers.
- Place back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.