As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This coconut almond cranberry chicken recipe is quick to make on a busy weeknight!
It took some doing, but even Mini Chef loved this one!
We sat down at the dinner table and I put this bowl in front of him. I’m not sure if it was his mood or if he just didn’t want to eat what I was serving, but he crossed his arms way up high on his little chest, tucked his chin in and stared down at the table. He avoided any eye contact with his dinner. In fact, he tried very hard to avoid eye contact with both my ex-husband and myself as well. For whatever reason, he was just determined that this one bowl of food was not going into his tummy, no matter what.
Well, thankfully we have a sense of humor around here. Both me and my ex-husband started making funny faces at him until he just could no longer hold in his giggles. At that point, I managed to shovel one small piece of chicken into his now smiling mouth and his eyes lit up immediately. I asked him if he liked it, and he enthusiastically shook his head yes. His bad mood was instantly gone. (Aaaah, the power of food over the male species. It never ceases to amaze me…)
So needless to say, we had a very enjoyable dinner. And I will definitely be making this bowl of deliciousness again!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
COCONUT ALMOND CRANBERRY CHICKEN RECIPE:
Coconut Almond Cranberry Chicken
- ½ cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 (15 oz.) can light coconut milk
- ½ cup dried cranberries (I used fruit juice sweetened cranberries from Whole Foods or amazon)
- 4 cups raw spinach leaves (tightly packed when measuring)
- 2 lb. chicken breast (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger (finely grated with a microplane)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan and cook over medium to medium-high until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve by itself or over brown rice or whole grain pasta.