These clean eating chocolate covered strawberries are a perfect treat to share!
Spring is in the air and strawberries are coming into season (at least here in California they are…)! This is an excellent time of year to stock up on healthy desserts in the freezer. Fruits are a fabulously healthy way to enjoy dessert without destroying your eating plan.
These chocolate covered strawberries are great for company, the spring holidays, or just as an occasion treat from the freezer on a warm day.
These measurements are approximate. You can adjust any of the ingredients to create a warm chocolate that suits you. These measurements are just to get you started.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate (I used the Baker's brand)
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, to taste)
- 4 lbs. fresh strawberries (cleaned and greens removed)
- Slowly warm the chocolate in a small slow cooker or double boiler.
- Once melted, stir in the oil and then the sweetener.
- Dip your fresh strawberries (or other fruits) in the chocolate until covered.
- Lay on a small, parchment lined cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Place in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours or until the chocolate hardens. You can also freeze overnight if you prefer frozen berries.
- Remove from parchment paper and insert popsicle sticks to serve or transfer the berries to a gallon-sized ziplock bag.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. (do not thaw if you freeze them. Keep them and eat them frozen.)
- Not sweet enough for your tastes? Add more sweetener.
- Too thick to really dip the berries? Stir in more oil until you get a nice consistency for dipping.
- Too runny? Stir in more chocolate, a little at a time, until you get the thickness you want. Just be sure to melt completely before adding more.