This time of year is my absolute favorite! The turning leaves, the cooler air, the soups and stews and even the occasional fire in the fireplace.
It’s fall, and along with lots of other autumn produce, the apples are in abundance.
Baked apples are a wonderful dessert on a cold evening. Warm and fragrant, they fill your house with fabulous aromas as they bake, and comfort your tummy with incredibly nutritious sweetness.
Here’s a new twist on the usual, baked apple recipe.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Dried cranberries – fruit juice sweetened
- Choose a nice, fresh, delicious apple.
- Remove the core, and place apple in a baking dish.
- Fill the core with fruit juice sweetened cranberries.
- Pour honey down the center, over the cranberries.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Spice over your apple.
- Place your apple in the oven, and bake at 350 F. until you can easily puncture it with a knife. It should be quite soft. This will take about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- Cut open and top with a small handful of walnuts.