As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This asparagus cheddar omelet is the perfect protein-filled way to start your morning!
Now that I’m taking care of mom, I’m having to learn to cook without salt. This is difficult for me because I put salt on everything. And not just any salt either. I always use the good stuff.
But mom’s sodium is strictly limited these days, so I’m learning where I can give her a little more in her day and where I can cut back. She needs fat and calories because she eats like a bird. But the sodium…. well, lets just say it’s in everything even without adding salt.
One of the breakfasts she really loves is this Clean Eating Asparagus Cheddar Omelet. While it’s not specifically low sodium, it’s definitely low-ER in sodium and I simply balance that out with the rest of her day. It works pretty well, and mom still gets to enjoy tasty foods. You, obviously can add salt if you wish. But I’ve tasted this myself and I have to say it’s pretty delicious without. So if reducing sodium is on your to-do list, give this a try for breakfast.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE HEALTHY OMELET RECIPES:
ASPARAGUS CHEDDAR OMELET RECIPE:
Asparagus Cheddar Omelet
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten with a fork)
- ½ oz. finely shredded cheddar cheese (I use a microplane/zester to get a fine grate)
- 1 tbsp. chopped onions
- ⅓ cup chopped asparagus (washed, trimmed and thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the onions and asparagus until the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the eggs, stirring gently to scramble, then form into a flat surface.
- Sprinkle the cheese and fresh parsley and fold the eggs over.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate and sprinkle with a bit of leftover, fresh parsley for garnish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if you wish.