As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This artichoke chicken pasta is a deliciously different option for dinner tonight!
Artichoke hearts are something I personally love. Mini Chef doesn’t care for them, but for me, they are a delicious treat from time to time.
This delicious dish has a very mild, lemony tang to it which is nicely balanced by the sautéed onions and garlic. It’s a gentle balance of tang and savory flavors that pairs well with the pasta. I didn’t serve this with cheese, but some parmesan would go really well with this.
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE CHICKEN PASTA
This is a two-pot recipe. Or technically, a pot and a pan. I prefer a cast iron skillet but use what you have. The main thing is to get your pasta cooked separately. The shape of the pasta can be whatever you like best. I love shells in a dish like this but use whatever you like best. Once the pasta is cooked, you’ll rinse it to cool it down and transfer it to a mixing bowl, then add the chopped artichoke hearts to that bowl.
Everything else happens in the pan. The main focus here is that you’ll want to sauté in steps to really develop the flavors. Don’t rush it. Add the ingredients to the pan in the time and order indicated in the recipe. Keep your heat set to medium or even a low-medium so that the oil doesn’t cook out before you’re done. If you keep the heat low enough, the amount of oil called for should be enough. However, if you fine that your pan is drying out, you can always add a little more oil to get you through the end of the cooking process. The amount of oil needed may change slightly using a stainless steel or other type of skillet.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
ARTICHOKE CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE:
Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Large Skillet
- ½ lb. pasta (cooked to package directions)
- 8.5 oz. can artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (cut into bite-size chunks)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (divided)
- Cook pasta to package directions. Rinse to cool when done, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts to the pasta bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil.
- Add the onions and sauté them until they are translucent over medium heat.
- Add in the parsley and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir for 1 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and 2 tbsp. of the lemon juice, and cook until done. (about 15 minutes, depending on how big the chunks are). Stir frequently.
- When the chicken is cooked through, Transfer everything to the pasta bowl and toss with the last 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.