The artichokes are in full swing in these parts. I see them in every store I enter and for me and Mini Chef, it’s a fabulous time of year. We both LOVE artichokes. In fact, when I first started making them last summer, we would often fight over who got the heart of the artichoke because I was silly enough to make just one.
Well, I’ve since learned the error of my ways. These days, I make sure that I make at least one artichoke per person. Maybe more if we have company.
Stuffed artichokes are a beautiful thing and this steamed version is no exception. This was my second time making them this way and none of us could get enough!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 3 large artichokes
- 1 large, yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 head garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- Cut the tops off of your artichokes about 1/3 of the way down. Then clip the spikes off the remaining leaves with kitchen scissors so you don’t poke yourself.
- Pull the leaves of the artichokes back to loosen them up enough to get the onions and garlic in between the leaves. Mix the onions and garlic together.
- When they are as stuffed as you can possibly get them, place them in a steamer pot and cook for about 45-55 minutes, or until the leaves in the middle are easily plucked out. Cool slightly and serve with your favorite, clean dip.