If you haven’t done a Google search lately for clean eating fat bomb recipes, you’re missing out!
Fat bombs have really gained in popularity and they don’t show any sign of going away any time soon. They are a wonderful way to make sure you are getting your healthy fats for the day and they are delicious to boot! They make a great snack tucked into your lunch box and they will definitely keep you full and satisfied until dinner time.
CLEAN EATING FAT BOMB BASICS:
If you’ve never made fat bombs before, there is actually kind of a learning curve, particularly if you like the idea of creating your own versions and flavors. And if you bring clean eating into it, it becomes even more of an interesting adventure. But truly, they are not completed at all. Let’s break down the components of a good fat bomb (don’t worry, there are recipes you can follow below).
CLEAN EATING FAT BOMB BASE INGREDIENTS:
Sweet fat bombs (savory fat bombs are a whole other blog post!) are pretty limited in their bases if you want to keep them clean. You essentially have two choices. Coconut oil or a good quality butter. The main idea being that you want something that will solidify when cold. For the purposes of clean eating, those two bases are your best options. (And yes, Ghee works too. I just always seem to want to lump that in with butter.)
Again, you have two options here if you want to keep your fat bombs clean. Honey or maple syrup. I know there are other sweeteners on the market, but many are more processed than honey or maple syrup. So for the sake of simplicity, stick with those two. Pure liquid stevia is also an option, however it doesn’t add enough liquid to really affect a recipe like this. So it’s usually lumped in with dry sweeteners based on quantity alone.
While there are some new, clean sweeteners coming on the market, the ones I know best (and can afford!) are Sucanat and coconut sugar. If you want a finer consistency in your clean eating fat bomb recipes, then simply run either of these sweeteners through a blender/grinder. And again, pure liquid stevia is always a great option, although I know some of the purists out there would scoff at that as well. It’s totally a personal choice. I leave it up to you.
CLEAN EATING FAT BOMB FLAVORING INGREDIENTS:
Feel free to mix and match here as you like to make your own, unique, clean eating fat bomb recipes.
- Lemon zest
- Lime zest
- Orange zest
- Cocoa powder
- Nuts (chopped is usually best over whole nuts)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Dried coconut (unsweetened)
- Fine ground coffee or espresso
- Nut butters
But if making your own, unique versions at home doesn’t sound like something you want to try, don’t fret! As promised, I’ve got 17 clean eating fat bomb recipes here you can try for yourself. Enjoy!
17 CLEAN EATING FAT BOMB RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Peanut Butter Fat Bombs Recipe – THEGRACIOUSPANTRY.COM
- Craving Buster Fat Bombs – LIVINGWELLMOM.COM
- Chocolate Cherry Fat Bombs – CREATEMINDFULLY.COM
- Keto Fat Bombs with Cacao and Cashew – KETTLEANDFIRE.COM
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – KETOCONNECT.NET
- White Chocolate Fat Bombs – LOWCARBYUM.COM
- Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs – GRASSFEDGIRL.COM
- Samoa Fudge Bombs – BEAUTYANDTHEFOODIE.COM
- Coconut Berry Fat Bombs – WHOLENATURALLIFE.COM
- Easy Nut Butter Fat Bombs – RAIASRECIPES.COM
- Bulletproof Coffee Drops – AGIRLWORTHSAVING.NET
- Blueberry Walnut Coconut Fat Bombs – WHATGREATGRANDMAATE.COM
- Chocolate Almond Butter Collagen Fat Bombs – WHATGREATGRANDMAATE.COM
- Paleo Butter Pecan Keto Fat Bombs – WHATGREATGRANDMAATE.COM
- Peppermint Fat Bombs – DITCHTHECARBS.COM
- Lemon Vanilla Coconut Butter Bites – THERISINGSPOON.COM
- Paleo Keto Raspberry Chocolate Fat Bombs – MYPCOSKITCHEN.COM