As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Slow Cooker Pork Roast can feed an army and it cooks while you work all day!
I love family meals. There is something about that moment when you first start to gather around the table. The tension of the day breaks a little, stories are shared, jokes are told, and everyone starts to catch up with everyone else and the hectic schedule they keep. It’s a marvelous time of day.
But it also helps when the focal point on the table is impressive. Compliments find their way to the chef’s ears and the person responsible for nourishing the family with good, healthy food gets a well-deserved pat on the back. Yep, breaking bread, or in this case… roast, with the family is an age-old tradition that every family should be hanging onto for dear life. It truly does connect you to those you love.
This was the first time I made a roast, much less a 10 Hour Slow Cooker Pork Roast, and I have to say that I even impressed myself a little. It was delicious, and tender and there were plenty of leftovers for pulled pork sandwiches the next day. And the best part is that it takes only minutes to prep and 10 long hours to cook. That’s an entire workday! Prep this the night before in the crock, store it in the fridge overnight, then pop it in the cooker as you walk out the door. You’ll come home to fabulous aromas and a darn good reason to get everybody to the table.
More 10 Hour Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe Card
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 lb. bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 7 oz. pearl onions (I used frozen packaged)
- 8 oz. brown mushrooms (halved or quartered, as you like)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried sage
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup seasoned chicken broth (beef broth works too)
- Place the roast in the crock and pour the carrots, onions and mushrooms around it.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl to make the sauce, then pour it over the roast and veggies.
- Cook on low for 10 hours. The internal temp should be about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When it’s done, it will look like the tomato paste solidified on top of everything. There is nothing wrong with this, simply remove the roast and stir the tomato paste into the remaining sauce, then ladle the sauce over everything when serving.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!