I’ve done several lentil soup recipes. For me, there is something very comforting about lentils. They feel homey and nurturing.
I like this recipe simply for it’s ease. You can’t get much simpler than using your slow cooker. Plus, it’s a wonderful Meatless Monday dish to come home to after your first day back at work for the week.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Curried Lentils
- Clean Eating Red Lentil Soup
- Clean Eating 10 Hour Slow Cooker Curry Lentil Soup
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
(Makes approximately 9 cups)
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock, no sugar added, low sodium is best
- 1 lb. bag baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste after cooking
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours on low, or until the lentils are fully cooked.