This mustard vinaigrette coats your greens nicely while giving a wonderful, sturdy flavor that will pair well with most types of greens.
This is truly one of my best dressing recipes. Of course, I say that every time I make a new dressing recipes, but still. I do love my salad dressing! But then, I eat a lot of salads. So I can be kinda picky about the dressing.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A SIMPLE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING?
It’s pretty simple. You have three options for mixing everything.
- Blend the ingredients in a blender or with a hand blender.
- Shake the dressing ingredients together in a salad shaker.
- Whisk everything together in a bowl or cup using a whisk
You might be wondering about a fork. Forks don’t work as well for blending the ingredients together. While most homemade vinaigrettes will separate, they separate far faster and easier if you’ve only used a fork to blend it all.
IS VINAIGRETTE HEALTHY?
As with most foods, what you put into your recipe dictates how healthy something will be far more than what you are actually trying to make. A vinaigrette can absolutely be healthy if you use healthy ingredients to make it. Just as it can be absolutely UNhealthy if you make it with unhealthy ingredients. It all comes down to what you buy at the grocery store.
HOW DO YOU STORE HOMEMADE VINAIGRETTE?
The truth is, if you make a basic vinaigrette with oil and vinegar (and maybe a little salt and pepper), you probably wouldn’t have to refrigerate the dressing and it would last a few weeks. But having gone through all the sanitation classes in culinary school, I always stay on the side of caution and store my vinaigrettes in the fridge. Plus, they last a little longer that way.
That being said, the moment you start adding other ingredients (like the mustard in this recipe), you’ll definitely want to store the dressing in the fridge. Most will last a few weeks if stored properly.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup oil (anything light flavored - I used grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar (I used white Modena vinegar from Trader Joe's)
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional if you like a touch of sweet in your dressing)
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk (or blend with a hand blender) until well combined. You can also put this in a dressing bottle and simply shake to combine.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.