As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy lettuce wraps were destined to become a part of your clean eating meal plan!
If you love wraps like I do, then having a good collection of easy recipes to turn to is a must. So today I have 20 different recipes you can choose from! I often make these types of wraps or even spring rolls for lunch and it’s always light, refreshing and definitely filling. Yum!
WHICH LETTUCE IS BEST FOR WRAPS?
There are a few different types of lettuce you can successfully use.
- Green leaf
- Ice berg
- Butter lettuce
All three of these have nice, large leaves that wrap well. So far, butter lettuce is my favorite. It wraps well, holds pretty much whatever filling you choose to use, and has a nice crisp, fresh flavor and crunch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LETTUCE WRAPS:
Truthfully, they are pretty much a full meal all unto themselves. But if you really want a side dish, here are some good ideas. Keep in mind that these suggestion will depend heavily on the filling you use in your lettuce wraps.
- A good coleslaw is nice.
- Country-style potatoes.
- A bowl of soup.
- Roasted veggies
- Pretty much any finger food.
HOW DO YOU STORE LETTUCE WRAPS IN THE FRIDGE?
Wrap them up super well. Plastic wrap works great here! That, or use a container with an air-tight lid. Never store these uncovered as the lettuce will break down quickly.
HOW LONG WILL LETTUCE WRAPS KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
Up to two days. Sometimes you can get three days out of them, but they aren’t quite as fresh, in my opinion.
CAN YOU FREEZE LETTUCE WRAPS?
No, unfortunately. While you may be able to freeze the filling, depending on what you use, the lettuce itself does not freeze well at all.
- Asian Wraps – The Gracious Pantry
- PF Changes Healthy Wraps – 40 Aprons
- Italian Marinated Chicken Wraps – The Whole Cook
- Buffalo Shrimp Wraps – Peas and Crayons
- Mediterranean Chicken Wraps – Happy Foods Tube
- Vegetarian Wraps – Vegan Heaven
- Chicken Wraps – One Lovely Life
- Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps – Tastes Better from Scratch (Use clean mayo. Store bought or homemade)
- Ground Turkey Taco Wraps – Evolving Table
- Orange and Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Yellow Bliss Road
- Greek Turkey Meatball Wraps – Spices in my DNA (use whole wheat Panko)
- Avocado Tuna Salad Wraps – 365 Days of Baking and More (Use clean mayo. Store bought or homemade)
- Fish Taco Wraps with Mango Salsa – Get Inspired Everyday
- Vegan Asian Wraps – Wholesome Patisserie
- Slow Cooker Thai Pork Wraps – Dishing Out Health
- Ginger Lime Chicken Wraps – The Bewitchen Kitchen
- Healthy Lettuce Cups – Dine and Dish
- Vegetable Wraps – Cookie and Kate
- Lettuce Wraps with Chicken and Avocado – Dear Crissy
- Tequila Lime Chicken Wraps – The Clean Eating Couple – Note: I don’t generally consider alcohol to be clean. But in moderation, it’s not terrible.
From the Gracious Pantry® archives, originally posted 5/9/19.