As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This vegan ranch dressing is dairy free and works great as a dressing or a dip!
If you’ve never made ranch dressing at home, it’s definitely worth a try. It’s not complicated or hard to do either. If you can toss a few ingredients into a blender and push the button, you’ll have ranch dressing in minutes!
That being said, everybody has their favorite brand of ranch, their own idea of what ranch should taste like.
If you are somebody who lives and dies by the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, then this recipe isn’t for you. I will not taste like that kind of ranch. That being said, this has a wonderful ranch flavor without the addition of dairy (or chemicals, or preservatives)!
If you’ve never made a cashew based cream or sauce, here are some tips and pointers.
- A high powered blender is best. If you don’t have one, the dressing will taste the same, but the texture will be more coarse.
- Make sure to soak your cashews overnight in about three times the water because they will double in size when soaking.
- If you like using cashews for creamy bases or sauces like alfredo sauce, soak a large batch in a pot in the fridge, overnight. Then drain, and put what you don’t use in the freezer in a freezer-safe storage container.
What You’ll Need
1 cup soaked, raw cashews – These must be raw. Roasted cashews will not soften and blend the same way.
1 cup vegetable broth – This should have no sugar added and be low sodium if possible.
3 tbsp. ranch mix – This is my own recipe that takes just a minute or two to throw together. Keep it in your cupboard so you always have healthy ranch mix for making anything that needs ranch flavoring!
1 tsp. garlic powder – I used garlic granules. Use whichever one you have on hand. Either will work.
1 tsp. nutritional yeast – Make sure you get the variety without any sugar added.
½ tsp. apple cider vinegar – I use Bragg’s ACV with the mother.
Salt to taste – I use Himalayan pink salt, but any fine ground salt will do.
How To Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
This dressing will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
More Healthy Ranch Dressing Recipes
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING RECIPE:
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup soaked, raw cashews
- 1 cup vegetable broth (start with ½ a cup and add more to get the consistency you like)
- 3 tbsp. ranch mix (see link above)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust salt to taste.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!