As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This healthy taco salad recipe is a great alternative to more tacos this Tuesday!
Need a quick, clean eating taco salad recipe for taco Tuesdays?
I’ve recently returned to work after being a stay-at-home mom for nearly two years. What a culture shock! I’m working as a clerk in a hospital, and there is TONS of new stuff to learn. So needless to say, I’ve been pretty wiped out when I get home at night (The first week is always the hardest!).
So my Honey has pitched in with trying to make dinner for us, and I have to say, he’s doing a FABULOUS job! I might make a cook out of him yet!
Tonight he made us this lovely taco salad, and I almost overate because it was so delish! I was able to stop myself before I ate too much, but boy am I looking forward to lunch tomorrow!
Taco salads are a wonderful way to shake things up on Taco Tuesdays if you do that in your household. Otherwise, they make a wonderful and quick dinner on a busy weeknight. The leftovers are absolutely fabulous for lunch the next day and you will feel totally full between meals. This is very filling stuff.
More Healthy Mexican Recipes
Healthy Taco Salad Recipe Card
Healthy Taco Salad
- 1⅓ lb. ground turkey
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste after cooking
- avocado or guacamole (see link above)
- corn (organic to avoid GMO corn)
- lettuce (chopped)
- black beans (no sugar added if purchased)
- salsa (no sugar added if purchased)
- tomatoes (chopped)
- onions (chopped)
- olives (sliced)
- cheese (buy the block and shred it at home)
- fresh cilantro
- Prepare your meat in a nonstick pan using either chicken broth or ½ teaspoon olive oil to cook it. Add all meat mixture ingredients to the pan and cook until the meat is done.
- Prepare all other ingredients.
- Layer all the ingredients in a large baking dish or directly on your plate and serve.