This taco salad recipes is a second rendition of one of my favorite dinners.
I love taco salad. It’s one of those dishes you can make any time and you know everybody will love it. No complaints, no wishing for something else. Everyone likes it. Period.
But over time, the way I make it has changed. It’s just one of those evolving recipes that gets better every time I make it. And by now, it’s evolved so much from the first time I posted my recipe, that it’s pretty much an entirely different recipe all together. So I thought I would post this newer version for you as well. I mean really, you can never have too many recipes for taco salad.
MORE HEALTH TACO RECIPES:
TACO SALAD RECIPE:
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 30 oz. canned refried beans (no sugar added)
- chopped tomatoes
- fresh spinach (baby spinach leaves)
- sliced olives
- corn chips (homemade or clean, store bought)
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey with the spices in the olive oil.
- In a medium pot, warm the beans. You may have to add some water to get them more "fluid". They should be thick, yet still pourable.
- Spread the turkey in a 9x13 baking dish and layer the beans on top.
- Put some spinach on your plate, put a serving of meat and beans on top of that, and then layer with any other toppings you'd like to add.
- Serve with corn chips.