Salsa Rice Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating salsa rice makes a great side dish for many main courses!
Truth be told, I haven’t eaten rice in a really long time. Part of it is because I got so used to cauliflower rice that it’s pretty much all I use anymore. But every once in a while, rice is called for, and this little side dish has tons of yummy flavor!
WHAT TO PAIR THIS WITH:
- I served this with re-fried beans. Delicious!!
- As a filling for burritos
- A side for Taco Tuesday
- Goes great with enchiladas!
OTHER WAYS TO PREPARE THIS DISH:
- If the mood strikes, you could also turn this into a full meal by adding some corn and black beans and topping off with some fresh avocado. Yum!
- If you need to make your own vegetable stock, try this amazing recipe for clean eating vegetable stock.
- The amount of stock you need will vary based on the rice you use. Please have extra on hand.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SALSA RICE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Salsa Rice Recipe
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup long grain brown rice (I used brown Basmati rice)
- 12 oz. jar salsa (your favorite – no added sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (no sugar added)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- In a large skillet or medium pot (the skillet must have a lid), warm the oil.
- Sauté the onions until they just start to turn golden brown.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the dry rice to the pot or pan and stir frequently until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the salsa and the vegetable broth, stir and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Simmer until the liquid has been absorbed (time can vary depending on the rice you use).
- When done, fluff with a fork and serve.
- RECIPE NOTE: Because rices vary, you may need a slightly different amount of vegetable stock. Keep extra on hand just in case. If the liquid completely cooks out and the rice is still not fully cooked, simply add another 1 cup of stock, cover and continue simmering. Repeat until the rice is the consistency you like. It should have a slightly chewy texture when done.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and wannabe Elvis when I'm in the shower or driving in my car.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!
Did you make one of my recipes?
Tag @graciouspantry on Instagram or post your pic on Facebook! I love to see my recipes in action!