For me, this was one of those really homey, satisfying meals that makes you sit back in your chair when you’re done eating and sign with contentment. Maybe it’s the “meat and potatoes” German in me, but this one really hit the spot.
My mom is a HUGE pork fan as is Mini Chef. I can never go wrong when I serve pork for dinner. I know some people take major issue with pork, but in our family, it qualifies as clean and we enjoy it fully. That being said, I do spend the extra money at Whole Foods to get a better quality pork. I’m not completely blind to the way pork (and much of our meat supply) is handled these days.
If you enjoy pork on occasion as well, give this one a try. It’s definitely a fully satisfying meal. Just serve with some veggies or a salad to balance things out and you’re good to go!
NOTE: If you are low carb, do what I did and simply enjoy the pork with some low carb veggies and leave the potatoes for whoever you eat dinner with. I promise, there will be no complaints!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Mushroom & Rosemary Pork Scallopini
- Clean Eating Pork Fried Rice
- AD: Clean Eating Pork Chops With Balsamic Strawberry Sauce
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter or clean oil of your choosing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped into small bits
- 1 1/2 lb. red potatoes, diced to small, bite-size pieces
- 2 large, bone-in pork chops
- 2 tbsp. chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, warm the butter or oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The potatoes should be slightly soft, but not fully cooked.
- Add the pork chops, fresh thyme and rosemary and the white wine vinegar. Brown the chops on both sides.
- Transfer the entire skillet to the oven and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the meat reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer (which I highly recommend when cooking pork!) and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste.