As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For me, this pork and potatoes skillet recipe was one of those really homey, satisfying meals that make you sit back in your chair when you’re done eating and sigh with contentment.
Maybe it’s the “meat and potatoes” German in me, but this one really hit the spot.
My mom is a HUGE pork fan as is Mini Chef. I can never go wrong when I serve pork for dinner. I know some people have major issues with pork, but in our family, it qualifies as clean and we enjoy it fully. That being said, I do spend the extra money at Whole Foods to get better quality pork. I’m not completely blind to the way pork (and much of our meat supply) is handled these days.
If you enjoy pork on occasion as well, give this one a try. It’s definitely a fully satisfying meal. Just serve with some veggies or a salad to balance things out and you’re good to go!
NOTE: If you are low-carb, do what I did and simply enjoy the pork with some low-carb veggies and leave the potatoes for whoever you eat dinner with. I promise, there will be no complaints!
More Pork Recipes
Pork And Potatoes Recipe Card
Pork And Potatoes
- 1 Large, cast iron skillet (or an oven-safe skillet)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 medim garlic cloves (minced)
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- 1½ lb. red potatoes (diced to small, bit-sized pieces)
- 1 lb. bone-in pork chops (2 large chops)
- 2 tbsp. chopped, fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste, after cooking
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, warm the butter or oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The potatoes should be slightly soft, but not fully cooked.
- Add the pork chops, fresh thyme and rosemary, and the white wine vinegar. Brown the chops on both sides.
- Transfer the entire skillet to the oven and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the meat reaches at least 165° F. on a meat thermometer and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste.